Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Re cap of the Begging!

Just the Very Beginning




Day 1: January 26th


Today was a day of travel. My flight left home at 6:05 am. We arrived in Baltimore for a lay over and had to wait an hour before we could take off again because the plane was too cold. I didn't realize how long we were in Baltimore because I fell asleep on the airplane. When we finally left Baltimore and arrived in Orlando it was about 12:45. I found my luggage (thank god none of it was lost on the plane) and moseyed my way out to the Mears Transportation Shuttle. From there, they dropped me off at the lovely Vista Way apartment complex and I checked in. I was assigned to Vista Way, apartment 1006. I also received a lovely Vista Way ID card. They took my picture and being I hadn’t slept since the night before I look like a crack addict. By this time it was 2 o'clock. I ran up to my apartment, picked out my bed, left my luggage, and caught the last bus to Casting.
Yay Casting. The Casting building is the place where Disney keeps track of all their employees. I arrived and they gave me balloons because I was the last College Program kid to check in. I signed the paperwork, gave them my fingerprints, and did all the other fun stuff that goes with working for a company. Oh, and that’s the place where I found out I’d be working in Animal Kingdom Asia.
Once done there I took the bus back to Vista Way. When I walked into my apartment, three girls were there: Tiffany, Brittany, and Tynet. Tiffany and Brittany are in bedroom #1 and both are from Florida. Tynet and I share bedroom #3, She is from North Carolina and I’m from New York. (Yeah, had to add that J )
The first night we all hung out and got to know each other.

Day 2: January 27th


Today we had the Housing Welcome Session at The Commons. The meeting was about an hour long and covered all the dos and don’ts about the apartments and who to talk to about problems that may arise. After that more unpacking and hanging out with the roommates.

Day 3: January 28th


Disney Traditions class. Today I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready, dress in business and be within Disney Look guidelines. Not so hard to do. I took the 6:45 bus over to Disney University for the class. It ran from 8 in the morning until about 1 in the afternoon. We learned about the Disney Heritage, what makes Disney unique, and took a tour of the Magic Kingdom. I wore heels. Walking all over Magic Kingdom in heels, big mistake! Before the class was over Mickey surprised us and brought everyone their nametags.

Day 4: January 29th


DAKlimation! The program is called DAKlimation (the DAK stands for Disney’s Animal Kingdom) and it is an introduction to the park. We learned about all the different areas, a little bit of their stories, along with a short video from Joe Rohde who is Animal Kingdom’s leading Imagineer. Then we took a tour around Animal Kingdom. Oh, and same rules apply as Traditions: Disney look, business dress. Another day walking around another park in heels. After our tour, we were taken on the Kilimanjaro's Safari which takes a jeep full of tourist on a two week safari trip. When we had our fun and returned back stage, every learned where in DAK they would be working. I was chosen to work at Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment